Since 2002, there have been over 20 human studies on low-carb diets, all suggesting that it is better than the alternative diet.
Many people have considered the ketogenic diet to be a fad, but there are several health benefits that should not be overlooked. Not only does the low carb diet improve weight-loss, but it can also improve cholesterol levels. Conflicting outdated information should be read with precaution and recent studies should absolutely be considered.
Here are a few reasons why the ketogenic diet may be the right fit for you. If you are considering trying this diet, it is recommended to stay within 20-30g of carbohydrates per day. Also, consuming Kegenix powder an hour before your workout will help put your body in a ketogenic state and burn more fat.
1. Studies have consistently shown that a high-fat and high-protein diet improves weight loss. Eating low-carb suppresses your appetite after a while and you end up consuming fewer calories.
2. More weight is lost in the beginning of adopting a low carb diet. Your insulin levels lower and thus your kidneys excrete sodium. This results in your body releasing excess water.
3. The abdominal fat around our stomach puts us at risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Having a lot of fat in that area can drive inflammation and insulin resistance, so going on a low-carb diet reduces these symptoms, thus increasing weight loss in the stomach region.
4. Triglycerides are fat molecules but what mainly drives the numbers up are carbohydrates. Reducing your carb intake will decrease your risk of heart disease.
5. Unfortunately, the government still recommends a low fat diet for metabolic syndrome. Studies have shown that a low carb diet is the single most effective treatment for metabolic syndrome symptoms, including excess abdominal fat, high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar, high triglycerides, and low HDL.